[Samba] winbind on SUSE8.2

Klesel, Roman roman.klesel at sap.com
Thu Jul 10 14:24:42 GMT 2003

As Mr. Lammersdrof suggested I used webmin to "convet samba users to unixusers".
Now I can su into HBC+Administrator from my local root account. However password authentication still will not work.
My smb.conf:
[global]
        workgroup = HBC
        security = domain
        password server = *
	os level = 2
	time server = Yes
	unix extensions = Yes
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	map to guest = Bad User
	printing = CUPS
	printcap name = CUPS
	socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
	wins support = No
	veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/
        winbind separator = +
        winbind uid = 10000-20000
        winbind gid = 10000-20000
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        template homedir = /home/nt/%D/%U
        template shell = /bin/bash

/etc/nsswitch.conf
shadow: files

passwd: files winbind
group: files winbind

hosts:  	files dns
networks:       files dns

services:       files
protocols:      files
rpc:		files
ethers:		files
netmasks:       files
netgroup:       files
publickey:	files

bootparams:     files
automount:      files nis
aliases:        files

/etc/pam.d/login
auth requisite	pam_unix2.so	nullok     #set_secrpc
auth required	pam_securetty.so
auth required	pam_nologin.so
#auth	 required	pam_homecheck.so
auth required	pam_env.so
auth required	pam_mail.so
account required	pam_unix2.so
password required	pam_pwcheck.so	nullok
password required	pam_unix2.so	nullok use_first_pass use_authtok
session required	pam_unix2.so	none     # debug or trace
session required	pam_limits.so

I added the line "auth sufficient pam_winbind.so" to the end of /etc/pam.d/* but the only result is that I have to enter the password twice before its rejected.

Roman