[Samba] Keep getting Error Network Path not found

Mark lists at greplinux.dyndns.org
Thu Jul 10 04:09:15 GMT 2003

Are you by chance running Redhat with their default firewall running??

Regards,
Mark
Samba Setup Guide
www.samba.netfirms.com

Hi Team,
I keep getting the new error "Network Path" Not found.
I have changed security to all of them samething.
I have installed 3.0b2-- samething.
I enabled WINS with a private address of 10.0.0.1
Samthing.
I even tried setting up a DNS but that mucked everything up.
I can ping both boxes just fine it just with Samba and w2k joining the
Domain. I do have a router that acts as my dhcp server for the net-
Linux likes this just fine cause i can fly on the net with Linux - one
of the reasons I like it so mucm. :-)) I hope someone can give me a clue
as to what is causing this. I am willing to try another config file if
need to be. Anything just to see some success would be great.

Thanks for your help guys,

Here is the current SMB.CONF file

[global]
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	load printers = yes
	logon drive = H:
	domain master = yes
	encrypt passwords = yes
	browsable = yes
	wins support = true
	allow hosts = 10.0.0.1 192.168.1.100/24  127.0.0.1
	use client driver = yes
	netbios name = Linux_Server
	server string = Samba PDC running %v
	printing = lprng
	local master = yes
	logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
	workgroup = SMIS
	os level = 64
	add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false %m$
	security = user
	max log size = 50
	domain admin group = root
	printcap = /etc/printcap
	domain logons = yes

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
browsable = no
public = yes
writable = no
printable = yes

[public]
comment = A public share for vendor docs, etc.
path = /usr/public
public = yes
create mask = 0755
force directory mode = 0755
writable = yes

[temp]
comment = A place to drop off temporary files
path = /tmp
public = yes
create mask = 0755
force directory mode = 0755
writable = yes

[docs]
comment = Main Document Share for important Corporate Documents path =
/doc public = yes create mask = 0755 force directory mode = 0755
writable = yes

[home]
comment = Home directory for %U
path = /home/%U