[Samba] Samba 3.x PDC and Error 53 on clients

Adrian Chow achow at gandalf.uwcsea.edu.sg
Wed Jul 9 16:41:46 GMT 2003

Hi,

Wonder if any one encounter this weirdness ?

When I tried to connect using Win2k clients to Samba 3.x server (on the
same subnet) by doing "\\server" on the Windows Explorer, it have no
problem. I could see all the shares.
But when a Win2k client on another subnet (separated by a router) tried to
connect to the same Samba 3.x server, there is a Error 53 kinda of error.
Cannot even browse the share folders.  Error 53 is when I type "net view
\\server" on the dos prompt.  the win2k client on the other subnet could
"ping server".

thanks.  Any idea how to solve it?

adrian