[Samba] accessing samba 3.0b2 using an account from a trusteddomain

Eamonn Hamilton EAMONN.HAMILTON at saic.com
Wed Jul 9 14:18:56 GMT 2003

OK, here goes :

In the setup I'm using, the samba server is located in a resource domain
with one way trusts to a number of account domains.

When winbindd is started, it scans for trusted domains and adds them
with the appropriate SIDs, all seems hunky dory. I can examine the
resources on the system using an account in the same domain as the
server thus :

smbclient -U account -L server

with the appropriate password and it works.

When I try and use an account from the trusted domain, using

smbclient -U myname -W user-domain -L server

it reports back
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO

and the log shows

[2003/07/09 15:04:50, 0] nsswitch/winbindd_pam.c:get_trust_pw(78)
  get_trust_pw: could not fetch trust account password for my domain
USER-DOMAIN

The server itself is joined to the domain OK, and a net rpc testjoin
reports OK.Security is set to domain, with the password server being set
to *. A local WINS server is being used, and seems to be operating fine.
I've got restrict anonymous set to 1 and username maps set in a file,
however I've tried without them and it dos the same.

What other information do you require, maybe a debug trace?

Cheers,
Eamonn

I then try and list the services on

--