[Samba] Connecting to Win2000 drive with samba

Mark Lin marklin at rainbowsix.com
Tue Jul 8 07:03:03 GMT 2003

Okay I got the user account setup.  The only mystery is how do i check
wither the user account have access to share?  I mean I used explore and
clicked the share button and the hand icon appeared on the folder.  Yet
I still can't see the folder from Linux.

Another thing, I was just playing with Samba a few minuts back.  I was
able to get :

added interface ip=192.168.0.7 bcast=192.168.0.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Got a positive name query response from 192.168.0.3 ( 192.168.0.3 )
Password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

        Server               Comment
        Server1

        Workgroup            Master
        WORKGROUP            Server1

when no password was entered.  I wonder could it be win2k only excepts
encrypted password and I did not set it correctly on the linux side?

Mark Lin