[Samba] Windows can't create folders/files with long file names

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Tue Jul 8 06:01:01 GMT 2003

Hello!

Sometimes I've got the problem, that my Windows XP Pro can't create
folders/files with long file names on some shares. However, it's always
possible to read existing folders/files with long file names. After
restarting Windows and reconnecting the share, the problem normally goes
away. At a given point in time, the problem doesn't exist for all users
(IOW: some users can create long file names, some can't).

Right now, the problem appears most often on a HP-UX 11.00 server with
2.2.5 but sometimes it also appears on a Mandrake 9.1 2.2.7a server.

Why is it, that Windows sometimes can't create folders/files with long
file names?

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar
--
-> Keine Kopien senden - ich lese die Listen in denen ich schreibe! <-
  -> Do not CC me on replies - I read the list in which I write! <-