[Samba] Samba 3.0 Login Scripting

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Jul 7 14:30:28 GMT 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Lahners, Jeremy wrote:

> I have a mixed network of WinNT 4.0 and WinXP clients with a couple
> Win2000 and Samba 2.2.8 servers.  I am going to add a couple new Samba
> servers to the mix and am considering the 3.0 code.  My question is:
> Does the Samba server have to be the PDC for all of the clients to
> process the login script that is shown in the Samba 3.0 documentation?
> Thanks in advance!

Your information is incomplete. What are the NT4 and Win2K machines? Are
they running the Server version or the workstation version of Windows?
If they are running the server version then how are they configured?

Short answer:

If you want the clients that log onto Samba to execute a logon script,
then yes, Samba must be set up as a PDC and your clients must be
configured as domain members.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra