[Samba] Migrate NT PDC to SAMBA PDC
blob at myrealbox.com
Mon Jul 7 09:36:20 GMT 2003
I'm trying to migrate NT PDC server to Samba PDC.
and now i use samba 3.0.0beta2.
I looks the migration steps from samba-howto-collection.pdf or
and it's not works well. The step is :
The approximate migration process is described below.
" You will have an NT4 PDC that has the users, groups, policies and profiles
to be migrated
" Samba-3 set up as a DC with netlogon share, profile share, etc.
The Account Migration Process
1. Create a BDC account for the samba server using NT Server Manager
a) Samba must NOT be running
2. rpcclient NT4PDC -U Administrator%passwd
b) Note the SID returned
3. net getsid -S NT4PDC -w DOMNAME -U Administrator%passwd
a) Note the SID
4. net getlocalsid
a) Note the SID, now check that all three SIDS reported are the same!
5. net rpc join -S NT4PDC -w DOMNAME -U Administrator%passwd
6. net rpc vampire -S NT4PDC -U administrator%passwd
7. pdbedit -L
a) Note - did the users migrate?
8. initGrps.sh DOMNAME
9. net groupmap list a) Now check that all groups are recognised
10. net rpc vampire -S NT4PDC -U administrator%passwd
11. pdbedit -Lv
a) Note - check that all group membership has been migrated
Now it is time to migrate all the profiles, then migrate all policy files.
The problem is:
1) when using command "net rpc vampire..." (step 6), i found some message
[2003/07/07 16:25:59, 1] utils/net_rpc_samsync.c:fetch_account_info(454)
SAM Account for beda failed to be updated in the passdb!
2) In step 7 & 11, i found some message like this :
build_sam_account: smbpasswd database is corrupt! username lain with uid 2 is
not in unix passwd database!
3) I can't found file "initGrps.sh" (step 8)
Can anybody tell me what is the problem?
is there anybody doing this with successfull?
More information about the samba