[Samba] samba as PDC

Mariusz settlersoman at o2.pl
Wed Jul 2 19:36:31 GMT 2003

Hi there,

I followed all the tips from 'The Unofficial Samba HOWTO'
concerning creation of PDC with Samba. But my Windows 2000
SP3 keeps to tell me that 'The domain does not exist or may
be inaccessible'. (This is my free translation from Polish,
so it could be something slighly else in orginal English version).

I'm running Samba3.00beta1 from rpm on RH9. I've also tried to
run stock Samba2.2.7a but I've encountered similar difficulties.
testparm shows no errors. I've opened all the needed ports on fw.
And I do not know what to do now...

Any help or advice will be highly appreciated,
	TIA,
	All the best,

	Settlerk

Here comes my smb.conf:

------smb.conf--start-----
[global]

        domain master = yes
        domain logons = yes
        encrypt passwords = yes
        guest account = pcguest
        smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
        log level = 2
        log file = /var/log/samba.log
        logon drive = p:
        logon home = \\serwerek\%U
        netbios name = serwerek
        os level = 99
        preferred master = yes
        security = user
        wins support = yes
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192

        workgroup = bidulek

[homes]
        read only = no
        create mode = 0600