FW: [Samba] Samba with VPN

Chris chris at travelconnection.com
Wed Jul 2 16:22:22 GMT 2003

Forgot to cc in the list

Either configure a samba box on the remote side to sync it's client
naming information with the HQ box, or, enable WINS services on your HQ
box and point all your remote machines to resolve netbios names via that
system.

Alternatively you can stick GRE or L2TP on top of your IPIP tunnel so
you can carry layer 2 traffic (namely broadcast in this case).

Chris