[Samba] Re: Application

Arnt Gulbrandsen arnt at gulbrandsen.priv.no
Wed Jul 2 11:15:51 GMT 2003

Jay Winks <Jay.Winks at teksouth.com>
> If you're going to put an autoreply on you old address, please have the
> decency to update or cancel your mailing list subscriptions.

I'm not a subscriber of the samba list, and I don't think the samba list
exited yet when I used the address in question. However, the address still
gets mail, and some of the mail requires a reply.

What happened is this: Some virus sent "me" mail "from" samba at samba.org.
The autoreply logic found no reason to avoid answering, so it answered,
and the answer reached all of you. Sorry about that.

If you know any way to prevent this in the future, please let me know. The
script uses the usual tests for mailing-list mail, MTA bounces, junk and
so on, and it sticks a precedence: junk field on its outgoing mail.

--Arnt