[Samba] samba pdc problem SOLVED

Yannick Koechlin freebsd at koechlin.com
Tue Jul 1 14:40:30 GMT 2003

Guten Tag Yannick Koechlin, (oh, thats me!)

thanks to magnus:
http://nic.phys.ethz.ch/readme/45

---snip---
How to enable Windows XP to join the Samba Domain
The following steps have to be done with an administrator or a member of the Administrators group.

This steps must be done befor joining the Samba Domain:

Start the Administrative Tools (Start / Settings / Control Panel / Administrative Tools). From there start the Local Security Policy.

In the Local Security Policy open Local Policies and then Security Options.

Disable the following entries:

Domain member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (Always)
Domain member: Digitally encrypt secure channel data (when possible)
Domain member: Digitally sign secure channel data (when possible)
Domain member: Require strong (Windows 2000 or later) session key

In the Group Policy Editor (C:\windows\system32\gpedit.msc) enable the following entry:

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles\do not check for user ownership of roaming profiles folders

Now Windows XP is ready to join the Samba Domain.

-----

am Dienstag, 1. Juli 2003 um 14:00 schrieben Sie:

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Yannick Koechlin
mailto:freebsd at koechlin.com