[Samba] Samba file locking

Simon simon-g at volja.net
Tue Jul 1 12:00:43 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have DOS program and I have to move it from Novell to Samba server.
In Novell program locks file all but DENY READ : 0 so that other clients can read file
and if one client is reading file, other can write to it.

I would like achive same affect on samba server, but on samba server program locks
 file read and write so reading the file (while the other client is opening file for write) is not posible.

This is output of smbstatus of the file i would like to read while samba if performing this lock
Locked files:
Pid    DenyMode   Access      R/W        Oplock           Name
3637   DENY_WRITE 0x3         RDWR       NONE             /home/public/somefile.dat   Tue Jun 17 12:34:59 2003

Thank you for any help!

By,

Simon Gacnik