[Samba] I think this would be pretty cool

Karl Lattimer k.lattimer at nnc-consultancy.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 09:38:42 GMT 2003

Would it be possible to change or add another mounting method for samba,
instead of using

smbclient -L <host> -U <username>

To change this to use the standard URI format of

and to mount

The current format is fine but if we could use a standard format for all
network access it would improve the consistency.

Thanks

Karl

PS. It would also be nice to use the same format for nfs etc. how likely do
you think it is that the community at large would be willing to accept this
format, we already use this method for http ftp and similar? Any thoughts
are welcome.