[Samba] SAMBA ===== I have problem.

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Fri Jan 31 14:48:53 GMT 2003

> > I have a WinNT Domain, a Samba Server and some users WinNT.
> >
> > I need to available a directory structure in the Samba Server.
> >
> > I need to know if I really need to have a Unix user for
> each WinNT user that
> > access the structure directory in the Samba Server?

Look in the docs for winbind.  Winbind allows you to have windows domain
users on the unix system without creating "real" unix accounts.  In
addition to the windows domain users being able to access files that are
globally readable on the unix system, you can set user/group ownership
of the files to the windows domain users and restrict permissions
appropriately.

~ Daniel

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.