[Samba] Dumb ? question abount Name Resolution on a full Samba Domain

Rashkae rashkae at wealthmap.ca
Fri Jan 31 14:23:49 GMT 2003

I don't know why the Samba documentation suggests not using Wins Support.
It is by far a more reliable mechanism that broadcasts for Windows
networks to find hosts, and is relatively painless to set up.  You only
need 1 computer with the Wins support on, the others would all have a Wins
Server = Ip address of the computer with Wins Support.