[Samba] win XP off_line

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Jan 30 21:13:49 GMT 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Justin Anderson wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a linux server Redhat 7.3 running samba.  There are 10 XP
> machines on the network with a mapped samba drive. My problem is one of
> the XP machines on the network, has its mapped drive which goes off line
> periodically. It seems to be random. I am wondering what could be the
> cause of the problem??? This is a fairly new setup and all machines are
> setup identically. Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Are you running samba as a domain controller?
	If so, is the XP machine a member of the domain?

	If not:
		Is the samba server a memeber of a domain?
		And is your XP machine a domain member?

If your samba server is running as a stand-alone server, then you have NO
control over XP's decision to drop the drive connection unless you hack
the registry to no do so.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra