[Samba] File timestamp proble with smbmount

Sebastien Schneider sebounet at blackblob.org
Thu Jan 30 18:52:57 GMT 2003

Hello !

Maybe my problem is a well-known one, but i don't find any answer on the web
:-(
I smbmount a win2k share on my linux (Debian PowerPC) box and timestamp for
all directories and files is 'Jan, 1, 1970'... I don't know why, dates on
both linux and windows sides are ok.
It I touch a file on the mounted disk, the file is timestamped 'Jan, 1,
1970'.
If I connect and browse the windows share with smbclient, the files
timestamps are rights (like appearing in windows browser).

I use smbd/nmbd 2.2.3a-12 on a Debian woody PPC, with the default smb.conf
file.

If anybody can help me on that strange problem,
thanks you in advance.

Best Regards,
Sebastien Schneider.