[Samba] Samba LDAP user adding

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Thu Jan 30 15:47:49 GMT 2003

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

>>Preferred option would be to fix ssl or tls, which requires that you
>>generate an ssl cert with the hostname on it that matches the hostname
>>set in smb.conf (and /etc/ldap.conf if you want to tls/ssl for
>>pam_ldap/nss_ldap).
>>
>>Jerry, you are aware that samba defaults to using port 636 for tls when
>>(AFIAK) it should be using port 389?
>

> Yeah.  I just found this yesterday.  Fixed in CVS and will be in
> the 2.2.8pre1 out tomorrow.

~ timeframe for 2.2.8 final? I have one or two small packaging changes I
would like to get in before you cut final, but can you apply this one in
the meantime?

http://cvs.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/SPECS/samba/samba-2.2.7a-mandrake-packaging.patch?rev=1.1

Will 2.2.8 include the ldap-rebind patch for referrals (sorry, my cvs is
out of date ...)?
(in case you don't have one handy:
http://cvs.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/SPECS/samba/samba-2.2.7a-ldap-rebind.patch?rev=1.1
)

Also, in case you have time, please look at the smbumount patch:
http://cvs.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/SPECS/samba/samba-2.2.6-smbumount_lazy.patch?rev=1.3

We will continue to include this in our packages ... but if you apply it
I will need to remove it's Patch and %patch entry from the spec file ...

Thanks,
Buchan