[Samba] Printing irritation

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Thu Jan 30 07:29:50 GMT 2003

This has been a known problem w. cups.
It is fixed in the current releases.
If the jobs stay on the cups servers: use a newer samba version.
BTW:
In at least 95 percent of all cases: do not use a print command with cups!
Use "printing = cups" and "printcap name=cups" instead! You need no additional
command options in your smb.conf.

If the jobs stay on the lpr machine: show your print command.
Version numbers and infos, if the problem is on the lpr or the cups machine,
would be helpfull to get an appropriate answere.

bye,
Martin