[Samba] printer

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu Jan 30 02:27:28 GMT 2003

Have you tried:
smbclient -L server

to see what she is sharing?

server should be the netbios name of the XP computer.

If the printer shows up, the command:
smbclient //server/printersharename -c 'print file'
should print to that printer.

Or, log onto the share with:
smbclient //server/printersharename

and at the smb> prompt type:
print file
quit

Only problem (And this is a BIG problem)  is getting the file filtered
for her printer. What printer is she sharing?

She can share her stuff without passwords, I think, although I don't
use windows anymore.

Joel