[Samba] Samba File Sharing

Sadanapalli, Pradeep Kumar (MED, TCS) Pradeep.Sadanapalli at med.ge.com
Wed Jan 29 22:54:20 GMT 2003

Hi,
We are planning to shift some desktops onto linux. These linux desktops
will be on different NIS domain. We have got a windows domain.
I want the files on linux desktop to be shared with windows machines on
the windows domain. For that, does the linux desktop need to
be a member of the windows domain ? Or without being the member of the
windows domain, can the files be shared? Can anyone tell me how to
proceed?
I want to use samba only for file and print sharing. For that how should
I configure my Samba Server?

Thanks and Regards,
Pradeep