[Samba] SmbPasswd To Be Sync With Passwd

Sachin Mehra sachinmehra at lycos.com
Wed Jan 29 15:23:59 GMT 2003

Hi,

 I had been using RedHat 6.2, Where when I used To Add a user using userconf the same used to be automatically appended to the smbpasswd file. Hence I did not explicitly added any user for Samba Usage.
 Now when I have lately upgraded to RedHat 7.x the same functionality does not seems to be available, I have tried few changes in smb.conf but in vain.
 It's an Interanet setup, and number of users to be created is quite large, they would access the Linux Server from M$ machines. Security is not major issue and would just be using the [homes] share.

Kindly Help.
Sachin......