[Samba] Simply Accounting on Samba 2.2.5

Bob Crandell bob at assuredcomp.com
Tue Jan 28 23:31:46 GMT 2003

Set up a share that only handles Simply Accounting and add these lines to it.
kernel oplocks = No
oplocks = No
level2 oplocks = No

XP wiped out an Access database for one of my clients until this list helped me
figure it out.  Working with a *COPY* of your data, have 2 XP computers try to open
the same record at the same time, several times and see what happens.  If your data
survives, you're set.

Samba 2.2.7a is better.

I hope this helps.