[Samba] Simply Accounting on Samba 2.2.5

Tomas Florian tflorian at telus.net
Tue Jan 28 21:57:31 GMT 2003

Hello,

I have recently migrated my Win NT4 server to Linux with Samba 2.2.5 :-)
One of the applications we need to run is Simply Accounting 9.0 / 2003 in
multi-user mode.  The company that makes Simply Accounting sais the data
must be shared from Win NT,2000 or XP but sharing it through Win 95,98 or
Samba could corrupt it.  I know that Simply Accounting stores the data in
.SDB database file shared by all users with the usual .LDB lock file.  I
have also seen lot of posts about problems with multiuser database access to
a MS Access database through Samba.  Has anyone succesfully ran Simply
Accounting from a samba share?  What are the things I should watch out for
to avoid data corruption?  How can I test if the multiuser database is safe
and can not be corrupted?

Thanks,

Tomas Florian
tflorian at vrv.ca