[Samba] Un-install/Re-install Samba - HP-UX11

issue qad issueqad at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 21:31:45 GMT 2003

Hello,
I am first time Samba user.

Unix = HP-UX 11.0
Network = Win 2K

My Goal: To make few files public, which is on the
unix box in a certain directory.

I loaded Samba from the website and did everything
else as mentioned in the instructions. Was
successfully able to acheieve my goal. Then somehow
following directories/files (on Unix machine) got
deleted:

/usr/local/samba {directory}
/var/us/local/samba/ {directory}
/tmp/samba-2.2.7a  {directory where I had installed
Samba}
/etc/rc.config.d/samba   {file}

I cannot recover any of these things. Please don't ask
how it got deleted (REALLY LONG story). Now my
question is: I would like to get back to where I was
earlier. Is there someway, I can do an un-install of
samba and start all over again. Because if I tried to
re-install samba, it is not creating above directories
and files for me.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Cheers