[Samba] Can't Find NT or LM Password

Peak, John John.Peak at McKesson.com
Tue Jan 28 19:06:49 GMT 2003

I am running Samba (from CVS source tree) using OpenLDAP for user
authentication.  I keep getting NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE message when
trying to connect with smbclient.  I have debugging turned-on and see:

[2003/01/28 13:25:04, 3] auth/auth_sam.c:sam_password_ok(260)

  sam_password_ok: NEITHER LanMan nor NT password supplied for user
testuser1

So it appears that for some reason the password cannot be retrieve by
Samba from LDAP.  I know the password values are set and can see them
with I perform and ldapsearch.  Can anyone give me some suggestions on
what I can try at this point to track down the problem?

Thanks,

John

John Peak

Revenue Cycle Solutions