[Samba] RE: Winbind on HPUX11, Totally Stuck, Please Help

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Tue Jan 28 15:58:36 GMT 2003

On January 28, Andrew_Esh at adaptec.com said:
> I don't have HPUX, so I don't know what to suggest for that. I just know
> getent won't work without winbindd in nsswitch.conf on Linux.

I think the point that was being made is that NSS support on HPUX only
supports a few known types, of which one is LDAP. The discussion was
basically about faking out the system so that what it thinks is LDAP
is actually winbind.

Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"Love wouldn't be blind if the braille wasn't so damned much fun."
		 - Armistead Maupin