[Samba] OT: Virus Traffic jams

Markus Schabel markus.schabel at tgm.ac.at
Mon Jan 27 20:17:01 GMT 2003

Rashkae wrote:
> I have to wonder which, at this point causes more congestion and stress to
> e-mail systems.  E-mail viruses, or aggresive Anti-Virus programs that
> are configured to allert everyone.  Is this a configurable option in AV
> software... Should people start pressuring AV companies to change this
> behaviour?

AV-response-mails usually go to the sender (from:), not to the
recipients (to:). I think nobody is interested in getting "you would
have received a virus without antivir protection" except
AV-vendor-PR-departments.

regards
Markus Schabel
| TGM - Die Schule der Technik,   IT-Service |
|        A-1200 Wien, Wexstrasse 19-23       |
| Tel.: +43(1)33126/316 Fax: +43(1)33126/154 |
| eMail: markus.schabel at tgm.ac.at            |
|        markus.schabel at member.fsf.org       |
| FSF Associate Member #597                  |
| Linux User #259595 (http://counter.li.org) |