[Samba] Virus Protection ... Which one...?

Stephen Kuhn stephen.kuhn at gmx.net
Mon Jan 27 19:45:12 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 00:36, Ryan Beisner wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've found a few different packages (RAV, Kaspersky,Vexira, Clam ...)
> which offer Anti-Virus features for Linux servers.  It looks like RAV
> specifically supports Samba servers.
>

> My question is:
>
> Can anyone relay their experiences / opinions / thoughts about which one
> would work best in a multiple-server environment (~100 Windows Clients)?
>

> Thanks in advance -- all comments are welcome.
>
> -Ryan Beisner

In the sense of "keeping it simple" - I got the free version of f-prot
and use it in a script called out every hour to scan my Samba shares
(even works on mounted shares to Windows machines) - once I got it
setup, it was great - fast and easy and helps to keep everything clean
here...I went for "free" because of budgeting...and well, can't complain
- especially after this past weekend! We're up and running!

--
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 06:25:01 +1100
  6:25am  up 20:14,  5 users,  load average: 0.52, 0.55, 0.38