[Samba] more info - NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file

Ben Scarbeau bscarbeau at saarcedab.org
Mon Jan 27 17:35:41 GMT 2003

Thanks to those who had suggestions on my last post, but none of those seems to have worked.  I have narrowed down the problem a bit though, seems users can't write to a share that is not their primary group.  For example:  Bob's primary group is Bob and secondary group is Sally.  Bob can write to the Bob group share but not the Sally group share.  Anymore thoughts/suggestions.  Thanks again in advance.

Ben

Following is the original message:

Am having trouble getting samba to work properly it seems.  Setup went smooth, the processes are running.  Can log in with smbclient no problem.  Can 'get' files no problem, but whenever I try to 'put' a file I get the following error: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file '/filename'.

Anyone else run into this error.  I have found help on this error relating to login problems but not to file problems.  Any help would be appreciated.  The following is what is in my smb.conf file.  Thanks.

[global]

netbios name = POGO
workgroup=POGOSAMBA
security=user