[Samba] cannot find network path

Matthew Thomas zelnaphon at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 26 21:51:01 GMT 2003

I have samba running on Red hat Linux 7.3.  I have a cable modem and router
that connect 1 linux and 3 windows (2000(2) and 98(1)) boxes.  the router is
also a DHCP server.  I can see my samba machine in network neigborhood but i
cannot reach the shares set up.  The error is always network path not found.
  I can ping the machine from anywhere on my network but I cannot get
nmblookup to find the samba machine either.

i have  set up lmhosts on my windows machines and I have enabled WINS on my
linux/samba machine.

why can I see but not find my samba machine?