[Samba] oplock_break: client failure in break - shutting down this smbd.

Michael Paarmann mp at squit.de
Sun Jan 26 16:28:00 GMT 2003

Dear list!

I'm very confused and it would be very nic, if someone can help me.

I've installed a Sambaserver (2.2.3a) based on SuSE Linux 8.0. Nealy 40
clients with Windows 98, Windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro are working with
this Samba. Now my problem:
Sometimes the client are crashing down and i see in /var/log/warn something
like: oplock_break: client failure in break - shutting down this smbd.
before they crash.

I've searched Google and so on, but i haven't find an acceptable solution
for this. But i've seen, thatr a lot people have this problem too.

So, does anyone have an answer or a tip ?!

Thanks in advance.

Michael