[Samba] Samba 2.2.7a discards LDAP attributes

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jan 26 02:07:01 GMT 2003

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 07:37:15PM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> > > get_single_attribute: [scriptPath] = [lfogel.bat]
> >
> > > So, it looks like Samba 2.2.7a ignores all LDAP
> > > attributes after authentication succeeds.
> > >
> > > Please, if someone can figure out what the problem is,
> > > let me know.
> >
> > Known issue in 2.2, fixed in 3.0 (now in alpha) due to a greater rewrite
> > of the auth code.  We now specificly keep that data around for exactly
> > that reason.
>
> News to me.  It should be working in 2.2 for the basic attributes like
> profile path and logon script.  I'll check on it Monday.

It's the lanman.c stuff for Win9X.  This should read the information from the
SAM_ACCOUNT used for auth (like the netlogon stuff does) but we never pass
that back in 2.2.

Quick hack is to do a pdb_getsampwnam() but in 2.2 the % macros get messy there
too.  I should have mentioned it when I cleaned up the 3.0 code.

Andrew Bartlett