[Samba] NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file

Ben Scarbeau bscarbeau at saarcedab.org
Sat Jan 25 00:16:00 GMT 2003

Am having trouble getting samba to work properly it seems.  Setup went smooth, the processes are running.  Can log in with smbclient no problem.  Can 'get' files no problem, but whenever I try to 'put' a file I get the following error: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file '/filename'.

Anyone else run into this error.  I have found help on this error relating to login problems but not to file problems.  Any help would be appreciated.  The following is what is in my smb.conf file.  Thanks.

[global]

netbios name = POGO
workgroup=POGOSAMBA
security=user