[Samba] NT ACL's

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Fri Jan 24 21:45:01 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 16:23, David.Grudek at anixter.com wrote:
> I have been playing with samba for about 3 months.  I have not been able to
> find a way to setup acl's efficiently.  I would like to be able to set
> permissions for one person one way and three others all with different
> permissions.  Then to also add 4 to 5 groups with all with different
> permissions the same way you would in windows.  I am new to linux so I have
> a hard time fully understanding the Linux permissions.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

If you're talking about files on the client then you need domain groups
- samba2 only has domain users and domain admins (samba3 has whatever
you want).

If you're talking about permissions on the server you can probably do
whatever you want with unix groups.

You'll have to understand unix permissions to do this
try this article
http://www.tldp.org/linuxfocus/English/January1999/article77.html

brad
--