[Samba] LDAP Filter Problem

Samba Newsgroups john.peak at mckesson.com
Fri Jan 24 20:34:43 GMT 2003

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this one.  I am having trouble
getting LDAP and samba working properly on my Debian Woody box.  I am using
OpenLDAP 2.0.27-3 and the unsable packaged Samba version 2.999+3.0 and am
using the samba.schema for my LDAP database.

Whenever I try to join the network using either W2K or smbclient the LDAP
debug log shows that the following filter is being used:
Jan 24 12:32:01 boo slapd[14586]:     filter:
(&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=ELUCIDATION\5CROOT))
So the problem is that the domain name is being prefixed to the userid but
my LDAP database only wants a userid.  I thought the "ldap filter" parm in
smb.conf might allow me to change this, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions??  Thanks in advance.

John
jpeak at yahoo.com