[Samba] Re: New Debian Packages?

Martin Thomas mthomas at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Fri Jan 24 17:11:02 GMT 2003

: > tried it a few minutes ago. apt-get update shows:
: >
: looks good to me now too...
: > I'm using the german mirror. Perhaps you can try another one.
: i just tried the us mirrors but
: ncftp ftp://us2.samba.org/samba.org/Binary_Packages/Debian/
: says that those files don't exist...
:
: maybe it's only on the german mirror?
:
: > Perhaps Simo can give more information. The information should be
: > reliable before it will be submited to apt-get.org.
: I agree - Whomever set it up should submit it to apt-get.org.
:

The directory structure is a little different. To use the mirror us2.samba.org the
line in /etc/apt/sources.list should be:

deb ftp://us2.samba.org/pub/samba/Binary_Packages/Debian stable main

I did not test it with apt-get, but Samba 2.2.7a for "Debian stable" is there.

Martin