[Samba] Samba Users

Gabriel D. Preston gpreston at sgillc.com
Fri Jan 24 14:37:01 GMT 2003

At my previous job as a Network Admin for a university, we had around
3000 users connected via Samba at any one time.  Because of this, we
broke up sections of the campus into zones, and gave each zone it's own
Samba PDC that verified logins against a centralized NIS+ user database.
 I think we had 12 different samba machines to handle the load.  I hope
this gives you a better idea of how well it can handle a large number of
users.

-Gabe