[Samba] Re: New Debian Packages?

Martin Thomas mthomas at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Fri Jan 24 14:29:01 GMT 2003

: > You can try this:
: > add the line
: >
: > deb ftp://de.samba.org/samba.org/Binary_Packages/Debian/ stable main
: >
: > to your /etc/apt/sources.list then apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade.
: > This should update Samba to 2.2.7a.
:
: this appears to be offline...
:
: once it's working again it might be nice to submit it to www.apt-get.org
:
: brad
: --
: Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>
:
:

Brad,

tried it a few minutes ago. apt-get update shows:

Hit http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/non-free Release
Hit ftp://de.samba.org stable/main Packages
Get:2 ftp://de.samba.org stable/main Release
Hit ftp://ftp.de.debian.org stable/main Packages
Ign ftp://de.samba.org stable/main Release

I don't know much about Debian but I got the same messages right before
updating 2.2.3 from the "standard" Debian stable to Version 2.2.7a published
by the Samba-team on their mirrors. I don't know why the output shows
"Get 2" and "Ign" for de.samba.org but it did work.
I'm using the german mirror. Perhaps you can try another one.

# dpkg -s samba
shows:

Package: samba

Perhaps Simo can give more information. The information should be
reliable before it will be submited to apt-get.org.

Martin