[Samba] PASSWORD SYNC PAM_SMBPASS

Keith Fernandez keith at theargoncompany.com
Fri Jan 24 03:50:01 GMT 2003

Hi Guys,

I heard that you need to compile samba with the pam_smbpass option to get password sync to happen between passwd and smbpassword.
So I took the src.rpm and uncommeneted the lines pertaining to pam_smbpass.
However when I do a rebuild I get an error during make
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/pam_smbpass.so] Error 1

RPM build errors:

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Is an rpm for redhat 8.0 available with the pam_smbpass already present.

Regards,
Keith
--------
Linux: because I want to get there today.  Without rebooting.
--------