[Samba] printer take long time to print

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Jan 24 01:38:01 GMT 2003

These long delays are often caused by network configuration problems. Maybe
your client is waiting for a non-existent server to respond. Most timeouts
of these sort are two minutes or so. Are your clients trying to validate to
another server? To trouble shoot this, run tcpdump, look at the samba logs,
and find out how long it takes the print job to show up in the samba print
queue (/usr/spool/samba).

It seems odd to have the same name for the netbios and the netbios alias,
too.