[Samba] 2.2.3a multiple users from w2k term server denied access

Kerns, Mike mike.kerns at boeing.com
Thu Jan 23 21:21:01 GMT 2003

Hiya!

Running Samba 2.2.3a on HP-UX 11.0, precompiled binaries from Porting Centre.  Everything works fine until we have a customer that wants to put their app on w2k terminal server.  When the drives get mapped they are serviced by the same smbd daemon on the UNIX box; this is the same behavior as if you mapped the same drive twice from any windows client.

After 2 or 3 users get drives mapped, no one else can map a drive from the terminal server. Anyone mapping from another client can map just fine.  Terminal server is the full version, not the 2 user license version.

We tried this going to a w2k server and did not have the same problem.

I've searched marc.theaimsgroup.com and Googled until I can't see straight. Any suggestions?  Will an upgrade to Samba definitely help this?  If so, what version?  HP's CIFS/9000 looks to be the same or nearly the same revision as I have already.

Here is my conf file . . .

[global]
        workgroup = DEV
        netbios name = SERVER1
        interfaces = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/255.255.255.192 127.0.0.1
        security = SERVER
        password server = bunch of passwd servers
        username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/users.map
        name resolve order = wins host bcast
        max open files = 16000
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
        preferred master = True
        wins server = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
        socket address = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
        guest account = smbnull