[Samba] still having a connection problem

Jason Kirschenmann jasonkirschenmann at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 17:44:01 GMT 2003

Hello all,
i'm having a hard time getting samba running.  I am running red hat 8.0, and
samba 2.25.  i am part of a domain on my campus and have my box joined to
the domain.  i can even see it in the workgroup, but whenever i try and
connect to it from a windows machine i get this error "No service is
operating at the destination network endpoint on the remote system."  The
last guy told me to set my log level to 5 and switch my security settings to
server, but i still get the exact same error. Here's my smb.conf

[global]
netbios name = jasonsdt
guest ok = yes
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
load printers = yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
wins server = Enterprise
encrypt passwords = yes
dns proxy = no