[Samba] Samba, win2000 & logging in via scripts

Uri David Akavia uridavid at netvision.net.il
Thu Jan 23 15:50:05 GMT 2003

Hello.

I am happily using Samba - Thanks for the great work.

I have two problems:
1) If I try to login to a Win2000 computer giving the user and the
password (or just the password) on the command line (via smbclient or
smbmount) I get the following errors
smbclient fails with
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
smbmount (& mount -t smbfs) fail with
459: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

However, both methods work when I don't give the password on the command
line, but type it in at the prompt.

Any ideas? (if this is a known problem, could you please direct me
torward the documentation?)
(I need this capablity in order to print via smbprint, running it
automaticly)
This work until the computer was upgraded from Win98 to Win2000.

2) I am using Windows with hebrew, so I have file names in hebrew. I was
wondering if there is a way to copy these files (they appear simply as
question marks via Samba). Note: this is much lower priority than the
first problem, I can simply wait until a new version of samba for this,
if necessary.

Please CC to me, as I am not subscribed to the list.

Thank you,

Uri David Akavia