[Samba] Initial Samba setup

Brian suseuser at rurnt.com
Thu Jan 23 09:37:00 GMT 2003

You might also post your smb.conf file to aid people in assisting you.

I like the shutting down the firewall idea. That could be it.

One other idea I have without seeing the smb.conf is to make sure that
the IP address of the machine giving you that error is among those
allowed in smb.conf.  If your smb.conf restricts access to a certain IP
range, then if this machine is not in that range it would be denied
access in the way you describe.