[Samba] connection problem

Jason Kirschenmann jasonkirschenmann at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 22 23:22:01 GMT 2003

Hello all,
i'm having a hard time getting samba running.  I am running red hat 8.0, and
samba 2.25.  i am part of a domain on my campus and have my box joined to
the domain.  i can even see it in the workgroup, but whenever i try and
connect to it from a windows machine i get this error "No service is
operating at the destination network endpoint on the remote system."  Here's
my smb.conf

[global]
	netbios name = jasonsdt
	guest ok = yes
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	load printers = yes
	smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
	passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
	obey pam restrictions = yes
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
	wins server = Enterprise
	encrypt passwords = yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	dns proxy = no
	server string = Samba Server
	printing = lprng
	password server = Enterprise
	unix password sync = Yes
	workgroup = Trinitynet
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	security = domain
	pam password change = yes

[downloads]
	writeable = yes
	public = yes
	path = /home/jason/downloads

[music]
	writeable = yes
	public = yes
	path = /home/jason/music

any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
jason