[Samba] Data Conversion

Rashkae rashkae at wealthmap.ca
Wed Jan 22 20:26:00 GMT 2003

Samba doesn't do data conversion of any kind.. Ftp, however,might be
converting from Unix text format to Dos text format if it's in text mode
instead of binary mode.  Is this a text file created in Unix that you are
trying to open in a Windows program?  Or a file you uploaded to the Unix
server via ftp and thereby converting it?

Jan 22  3:26pm

They hang the man and flog the woman
That steal the goose from off the common,
But let the greater villain loose
That steals the common from the goose.
  --English folk poem, circa 1764