[Samba] Changing passwords

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Wed Jan 22 17:29:02 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 11:49, Richard Humphrey wrote:
> If i set up a PDC using Samba and my users are using Windows 2000 Pro, do I
> need to run Winbind to force the users to change their passwords every so
> often? I am still a little foggy on when to use Winbind and when not to.

I'm no winbind expert (never having used it myself) so take this with a
grain of salt...

winbind is for allowing a samba server to do user lookups etc. against a
samba pdc.  It's different from  domain mode in that the users do not
have to exist on the samba server.

if you want enforced password changing you want samba3

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>