[Samba] Can't add Machine account ( LDAP ) ...

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Wed Jan 22 17:04:01 GMT 2003

> Message: 9
> Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:07:03 +0200
> From: "C.Lee Taylor" <leet at leenx.co.za>
> To: samba at lists.samba.org
> Subject: [Samba] Can't add Machine account ( LDAP ) ...
>
> Greetings ...
>
> 	Just got bitten in the ass by not been able to join the domain with 2.2.7a
>
> 	Correct me if I am wrong, Jerry did give me a quick explaination.  It
> has to do with usernames and what allowable characters  in it for security.

I think Jerry was meaning it's only the log message that get's mangled
by a secure variant of printf that prevents shell variable getting into
the wrong places, and this variant is used by the DEBUG macro.

> 	Now, I need to fix this, does anybody have a patch/fix or tell me where
> to look in the source to try and fix this.

Since our domain is stable again after migration, I will see if I can
take a quick look at it now ...

Buchan